I found the Bronze VCA Award very informative and interesting. I feel it’s at the right level of depth for a VCA and I look forward to further courses.
What does the AVACA do?
- Provides the opportunity to complete affordable, relevant and practical training through Colourful CPD, a well established organisation offering training and CPD for all roles within practice.
- Promotes the value of veterinary care assistants within veterinary practices.
- Sets the standards for veterinary animal care assistants through training and education.
- Gives veterinary care assistants a community and voice.
- Acts as a networking hub to share experiences and learning.
- Provides member benefits.
The Association of Veterinary Animal Care Assistants provides education, representation and support for individuals working, or aspiring to work, within a veterinary practice as an assistant to the clinical animal care teams.
These roles have many different names such as Veterinary Care Assistant (VCA), Animal Care Assistant (ACA), Pet Care Assistant (PCA), Veterinary Nursing Assistant (VNA) and Animal Nursing Assistant (ANA), this association represents and encompasses all of these.
What our clients say
I found the Bronze VCA award fantastic and it really tested my skills (some of the info I hadn’t come across is years). I would absolutely recommend this for all vca/auxillary position nurses as it’s a massive mind set for anyone wanting to further their knowledge before heading off to do their nursing.
The Bronze VCA Award is a very informative CPD that covers all the basic knowledge that a VCA needs to understand, without going in to to much depth.
AVACA is really changing my life and giving me a focus on my career, just wanted to say thank you for organising the training and emphasis on VCA’s, I really appreciate it!